Thank you to Caz at Mental Health 360° for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award, you have made my day. It means a lot to me to have been nominated by you.
I have seen other Blog posts about awards before, but being fairly new to blogging and still learning, I wasn’t sure what they were all about.
I have been following Mental Health 360° for a while now, where Caz shares her vast knowledge and experience in the field of Mental Health. I have found her Blog to be insightful and have learned a great deal from the posts she writes. Caz’s recent posts on Self-Esteem have been of great interest to me as it is an area I am currently working on personally within myself. Caz is lovely and very supportive to other bloggers.
Rules of the Real Neat Blog Award
Display the award logo.
Thank the Blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
Nominate some Bloggers.
Ask them Seven questions.
Caz’s Seven Questions
- What country would you like to visit and why?
- Scotland – I have a friend who lives there, who loves history as much as I do. I would love to visit some of the Scotish Castles and Historical Sites where he lives and couldn’t think of a better person to visit them with.
- What was the last book/film that captivated you and why?
- A little while ago I watched a film called Sarah’s Key. It was set at the time of World War 2, and is about a little jewish girl and her family living in France and what they went through. I believe it is based on a book, which I would love to read when I am able to, I loved the film. It is one of those films that makes you think and pulls at the heart.
- Who made you the best Dinner ever and what was it?
- My mum makes the best roast dinners, always has done, mine or anyone elses doesn’t even come close. It takes me back to when I was child everytime I have one.
- Did you ever have a Dream come true and was it anything like you imagined it to be?
- I always wanted to be a mum, there was a point when I didn’t think it was going to happen for me. I became a Step-mum first, then 10 years after that my Daughter came along. Being a mum has been the best experience of my life, I feel truly blessed to have been given the chance.
- Why did you start your blog?
- I have always loved writing. It helps with my own Mental Health, I remember feeling so alone in my own struggles and often it felt that no-one around me understood how I was feeling or what I had been through, and I didn’t want anyone else to feel like that. I didn’t know anyone else who was going through it at the time, I felt like I wasn’t normal because no-one really spoke about it. It’s a horrible feeling to have. I hoped that by sharing my own struggles, achievements and my journey, it would help others to feel less alone.
- If you could take one thing/occurrence out of the history of Mankind what would it be and why?
- This was a tricky question as there are so many answers I could give, but i have decided on Slavery. No human being should be treated like this, to be abused and degraded in this way because of someone elses beliefs, it has no place in this world.
- Did the current situation around the Pandemic have any positive side effects on your life? Can you give an example?
- It made me slow down, I was rushing from one thing to another, one event to the next. Time was flying by. Lockdown slowed everything down, allowed me to reassess what was important to me and what i wanted to change. It also gave me extra time with my Daughter.
Caz, to answer you question:
- If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be, and why?
I have given It much thought, again there are many answers I could give, but I think my answer would have to be Plastic. As humans we have become reliant on it, but it is getting into the environment, into the oceans and the food chain. Its causing so much damage to the worlds wildlife and will impact on all of us if nothing is done soon.
I hope you don’t mind me nominating you, I love reading your blogs.
- Where, in the world, is your favourite place to visit and why?
- Do you have any Hobbies which help with your Mental Health or help to relax you? What do you like about your Hobby?
- Who is your favourite author , why are they your favourite?
- What have been your favourite activities during Lockdown and why?
- What has been your proudest moment and why? (This can be personally or as a blogger)
- Why did you start your Blog?
- What would you say is your greatest strength and why?